Sunday 8 September 2013

Blogroll

Although in the past I had an on and off relationship with my blog, I was and still am (and forever will be) a full-time blog reader. Blogs are more personal than mere status updates, and in all honesty, I don't really want to know how drunk you were last night. These are some of my favourite ones. Enjoy and feel free to add your own recommendations!

Kevin and Amanda
This is probably my favourite blog in the whole wide blogosphere. It features all the things I have a weak spot for: dogs, sinfully delicious desserts, travelling, and all the photography and blogging tutorials you'll need.

www.kevinandamanda.com
Told ya.

If you're excited about Kevin and Amanda, I highly recommend a visit to Carla's chocolate moosey blog as well. Carla's recipes are easy and accessible even to the newest kitchen novice. The photographs, however, are truly impressive and show some serious skill. They are bright and colourful and they make you happy just by looking at them!

via www.chocolatemoosey.com
See? Don't tell me this didn't bring a smile to your face!
Nevertheless, Carla doesn't keep all these photography techniques to herself, and shares some of her tips for great photographs. If you're going abroad on holiday this summer, don't miss her post on travelling photography.

Next up, is Lindsay from Pinch of Yum. Lindsay is good with her camera and making people's mouths water. In fact she's so good, she wrote a book about it! Her recipes are also very good, and if you're a vegetarian don't forget to bookmark, as Lindsay makes even zucchini pancakes look good.

via pinchofyum.com
Vegetarians, you're welcome.

This may raise a few eyebrows, but the author of the next blog cooks everything with beer! Jackie, the author of The Beeroness, manages to marry anything and everything with craft beer. Highly recommended if you'd like to try something different, again with great photography.

via thebeeroness.com
Chocolate Stout Cherry Pie anyone?

The next blog author is probably the youngest one I read, but so incredibly talented I wish I was like that when I was her age. Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest never fails to impress with her fabulous shots and great recipes. She even includes a recipe for pita bread - which I didn't know and I'm Greek! Truly well done Miss.

via halfbakedharvest.com

The next blog is not about food (sometimes I take breaks). Instead it's Eleni Xenou's blog about travelling, people and experiences. This corner of the internet is less visual in terms of photography but it's no less interesting as it focuses on Ms Xenou's remarkable writing. If you happened to come across her work in the Cyprus press and you liked it, I suggest you bookmark this and get her book.

via elenixenou.com

Last but not least, the Letters of Note. Although not as interactive, this blog brings to light a variety of letters which deserve to be published. Just to give you a taste, letters include (among others) a letter Ronald Reagan wrote to his son a few days before he got married, a letter Danny DeVito's mum sent to Kirk Douglas thanking him for casting her son for the movie Scalawag, as well as a letter of a former slave to his former master in 19th century US. To sum up, as the subtitle says, it's 'correspondence deserving a wider audience'.



This is for now, but if you're into more reading-candy, check back every now and then as I'll be adding more blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...