Friday 11 May 2012

Spot the food(ie)

This goes out to foodies with a smartphone. Download the foodspotting app.

I stumbled across this baby a few days ago on another blog and downloaded it out of curiosity (the lifespan of such apps on my iPhone is fairly limited). I was surprised. You will be surprised too. I was surprised by the concept behind it: you take a picture of a certain dish you have at a restaurant. You tag it, you add a short comment and off it goes to join all the other dishes tried by people around the world, bringing food reviewing to a whole new level. You don't just recommend restaurants people, you recommend dishes.

However, this is not all. The app can see your location and find entries for dishes in restaurants near you. YES. It gives you everything; the name of the dish, a picture, the name of the restaurant, the address, and its location on a map. AND you can follow (as per Twitter) your friends/other foodies and their entries. What more could an excited foodie ask for?

An impressive design. It delivers that too.

If you are an iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Windows Phone user, you know what to do. It will make you 'salivate'. Feel free to follow me (Maria X) and let me know so I can follow you back.

...and a little something to get you excited :)





PS: I'm very, VERY rarely excited about such technological things. I can assure you this is a special case.
PS2: Did I ever mention that BH is a computer genius? He's in the process of building such apps, and I'm so pissed off I hadn't thought of this myself! But I'm so glad someone else did. x

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! i'm definitely a foodie. will have to download that app. thanks for sharing this.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...