Monday 16 May 2011

The Perfect Nail Varnish: Finally

For all those of you who still struggle with chip-prone, thin-textured, borderline-useless nail varnishes, read on.

Image taken from www.boots.com

I have used all kinds of nail varnishes from high street to more high end. Until fairly recently I thought that my journey on finding the perfect nail varnish ended when I started using OPI. Also used by professionals, OPI has a wide range of shades and the quality was fairly good. At least it was better than the rest of makes I had already used.

Until I (almost accidentally) used 17 for the first time, earlier this year. I was shopping at Boots, and had already got 2 make up items. Anyway, I go to the till to pay and the lady there tells me that there's an offer 3 for 2 on make up, and I should get a third item (by the way the offer was on display all around the shop but for some reason I didn't notice). I decided to try a new colour on my nails, and got 17 because the bottle was small and quite inexpensive, so if I didn't like it in the end, I wouldn't end up with an almost-unopened bottle of  Chanel's le vernis. Little did I know at the time, my dear reader, that it would mean a new beginning for my relationship with my nails.

I now have about 4 or 5 different shades, and have not been let down once. The nail varnish does not chip, does not break, the texture is not too thick to make it difficult to apply evenly, nor too thin too make it impossible to achieve an opaque colour. What's more I love the fact that they are in such small bottles because apart from the classics (burgundy, knockout red, pale pink for french manicure etc), the rest are going to be on trend for probably a maximum of two seasons.


PS: The top coat is also great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...