Monday 9 April 2012

The Body Shop Appreciation Post

The Body Shop has been around for some time - I recall visiting their stores since I was quite young, and always thinking 'gosh, this smells amazing!'. For some reason I still don't know I stopped using Body Shop products. Maybe it was because of a skin condition I had, and the therapy required to use only the products prescribed by the dermatologist, or maybe it was because I as receiving too many bodycare products as presents and already had excessive amounts of body lotion, eau de toilette and shower gel.

From Body Shop's 'Love Your Body' campaign
Nevertheless, as it is with relationships, when it's meant to be, it's meant to be: the Body Shop products and I were meant to be together and nothing could stop us. I loved their work ethic: they are against animal testing, they support community trade, they are constantly trying to reduce carbon footprint and promote well-being, rejecting the anorexic model of the female body which is so widely (and dangerously) used by the mass media. As if these reasons weren't good enough, I find their campaigns truly inspiring: domestic violence, HIV and AIDS as well as sex trafficking have been focal points in Body Shop's efforts to make a change in the world. Obviously my conscience loves Body Shop as well!

...and so does my body. After slathering generous amounts of body butter on my body after a bath, it feels as if I'm wearing velvet. Showering with their fruity shower gels and soaps (mango and strawberry are highly recommended), remind me of summer, but I left the best for last: lipcare. My lips dry out easily so I have quite a collection of lip balms, most of them from Body Shop because it seems that my lips love Body Shop products as well! Just a note, Body Shop's legendary Born Lippy, is now out in stick form (which makes it so much easier to apply), but my absolute favourite is the chocolate lip butter. Chocolate. It's buttery and lovely, and leaves my lips velvety soft and deeply hydrated, not to mention chocolatey.

I'm not going to tell you how many BS products I have in my bathroom; it would take too long, but I can recommend to you my favourites:


the Chocomania lip butter (see above), 


the Strawberry Shower Gel (as if it's summer all year round!)



the Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil (it is indeed miraculously hydrating and makes you want to visit Asia), 



the Moroccan Orange Blossom Finishing Mist (for that I-just-came-from-the-spa feeling) and their 


Cool and Zesty DeoDry deodorant stick (a daily necessity which makes feel oh-so-fresh and clean in the morning!)


Do you use Body Shop Products? Which ones do you like?

Maria
xx

3 comments:

  1. They're messages are always awesome! It's been awhile since I've shopped there, so I definitely need to revisit purchasing their products. Thanks for telling us what you use.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should revisit! they launched the chocomania range in February (and I mean, who doesn't love chocolate?!), and a few weeks ago, their new body oils hit the shops :) x

      Delete
  2. An excellent gift I received this Christmas was a wide assortment of skin care products from Bath and Bodyworks. As I've gotten older, I guess my skin just isn't as good at taking care of itself anymore.To get more body butter visit: www.vegantreeowl.com.au

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...