Wednesday 20 June 2012

Saturday at the Broadway Market


Okay, I post this with a bit of delay, but it's been busy these couple of days (shopping, but hey, it's sales!). So, last Saturday we went with BH to the Broadway Market a)because I have a thing about markets and b)I assured BH that there would be plenty of delicious food. Thus, off we go.

From a foodie's point of view, I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. We found everything we would need for a very promising meal, and of course things we would not find in our local supermarket.


You've got to have bread. Always.
...and cheese of course.
...and charcuterie.

We even found dolmades!
and Gigantes! (that's 'giant' beans cooked in
a tomato based sauce with herbs and onions)

I simply couldn't leave without a tub of my favourite olives.
The tarragon and garlic ones are highly recommended!

If you have a sweet tooth you won't be disappointed:









Nor if you have a soft spot for Middle Eastern food:



Four different types of baklawa!

Now, concerning BH's favourite time of the day (lunchtime), we loved the bahn-mi from a stall selling Vietnamese food: I got one with the sirloin, and BH got a 'cha cha chicken' one (you can't really say no to a sandwich called cha cha, can you?). Unfortunately, we wolfed them down almost immediately and I didn't manage to take a proper photograph. However, while waiting, I did manage to take this picture (only because I wasn't eating at the time!).

However, if you're more on the vegetarian side, I loved this little stall with the delicious-looking veggie burgers:


Now, if for some unforeseen reason you're not into food, there are other cool stuff you can get:

Impressive headpieces
bicycles

and my personal favourite: candles in mugs!

The bottom line is, there's something for everyone, particularly if you're a foodie (and there are plenty of photos to prove this!). So I'd say give it a shot, you might find something you haven't tried out before, and bear in mind that the above it's just to give you a small taste. I assure you you'll find a lot more unique bits and pieces if you go yourself. For directions click here, and let me know what you think :)

3 comments:

  1. ok, you're excused! HAHAHA shopping when stuff is on sale is definitely a good excuse. hahaha omg'd these foodie pics are killing me. they have everything and it all looks so delicious! lol at not getting a pic of the sandwich but them preparing it. LOVE the candle in the mug idea. super sweet! great post girl!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a food lovers dream! I haven't had a banh mi sandwich in so long, now I'm craving one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...