Saturday 10 December 2011

A Lipstick Truly Infallible

Before you read further, I have to point out the following: this is not a proper beauty product review, I haven't bought it and I haven't tried it on my lips. Also I'm not being paid to say this, but I simply HAD to share it with you!

Due to Christmas (and Christmas parties) approaching, I was in a search for a new lipstick. Naturally, I went down to Boots and tried several lipsticks on my wrist (I never try them on my lips for hygiene reasons). I carefully examined the shades and thought that maybe I could extend my search to other stores as well (eg my favourite Body Shop). And then (here comes the important part!!) I take out a tissue from my bag to wipe the lipsticks off my wrist. I wiped off all of them apart from two. They wouldn't come off. Not even after two days. Even my Simple make up remover who has never disappointed me in the past, failed to remove them. By now you'd be curious to know what kind of amazing, heaven-sent lipsticks these were which stayed put despite my repeated efforts to defeat them.

They were L'Oreal's Infallible, and yes you can write this down.

Unfortunately I didn't buy any of them because a lot of shades were shimmery, and I'm not a real fan of shimmer on lips, and those who were matte, were shades that I already had from previous purchases, or shades which I didn't already own but didn't suit my complexion or style anyway *sad face*. BUT as you can understand by now, I highly recommend them! They come in twos (one is the coloured lipstick - the one I tried - and the other one is a kind of lipbalm to keep your lips hydrated) in a pretty case in a variety of colours ranging from browinsh-gold, to raspberry and true red.


Yes, I understand that at £11.29, the price is a bit steep for a high-street brand (considering that MAC's lipsticks are priced at  £13.50), but if you know which shade you want you can easily get it online for a fraction of the price. 

Let  me know what you think! :)

5 comments:

  1. Haha I liked the introduction!!! I prefer Mac! I am not being paid to say this either! :)))

    x
    Nina

    http://trendsurvivor.com/
    http://trendsurvivor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I love Mac, they very rarely disappoint me! But this lipstick really impressed me keeping in mind it is a high street product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really impressive. I think I'm going to give them a chance, if some shade suits me :)
    Thanx for sharing!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love L'Oreal's lipsticks!!! I haven't tried the Infallible but have heard wonderful things about it. L'Oreal has impeccable quality products! :D Great review!
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...