Saturday 17 March 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies - the easy way

If you've been following me on twitter, you've probably noticed these beauties I baked a few days ago:



As I'm sure you know, chocolate chip cookies are probably the easiest and more straightforward way to cookie-heaven. Sweet, but not too much, with just the right amount of crunchiness and little pieces of milk chocolate feel oh-so indulgent, bringing a smile to our faces even during those days of the month without fail.

I adapted my version from a recipe I found in Nigella Lawson's Kitchen (which I highly recommend), and given that I have been using various recipes for chocolate chip cookies since I was about 6, this is one of my most straight-forward and easy recipes yet.

For about 15 cookies (depending on size), you'll need:
50g unsalted butter
100g sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1x100g packet of milk chocolate drops or chocolate chips
110g plain flour
pinch of bicarbonate of soda

Make it happen! :
Preheat the oven to 170C. Melt the butter in a heat-proof bowl over boiling water. Make a cup of tea while you're at it, you deserve it. When the butter has melted and cooled down a bit, add the sugar and beat. Add the vanilla and  the egg and beat again until light and creamy. Sift in the flour and bicarb and beat until you have a soft doughy mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Easy, right? And all done in one bowl!

Now the final step: line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon and drop the mixture onto the baking sheet. You'll need to do this in batches, but be patient, you'll be rewarded. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the edges turn golden. When you take them out you may think that they are a bit too soft in the middle, but worry not, they will become crunchier as they cool down. Serve with a glass of frosty milk.

I devoured them in just two days without any help! What's your score? :)

1 comment:

  1. these look so yummy! definitely made me crave cookies now! love your blog - following :) emma xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...