|image via marieclaire.co.uk|
TOMS, with its pioneering concept of one for one (every pair you buy, another one goes to a child in need, in an effort to fight poverty), launches a new shoe: the well-loved ballet flat. More elegant and 'dressy' than the classic TOMS seen below, they are hitting the stores this coming March in burlap, suede and linen to choose from.
If you are not convinced yet about buying a pair of TOMS, here are a few good reasons:
- For each pair you buy, one goes to a child in need, and this can really make a difference to their lives; in summer 2006 only, 10 000 pairs of shoes were given to these children, all because of TOMS customers.
- Such children grow up barefoot because of poverty, risking soil-transmitted diseases as well as cuts and sores which could become infected.
- Most importantly, they can't go to school because shoes are part of the school uniform. I don't really need to expand on the importance of education now, do I?
- They are shoes, for God's sake! Can you say no to a new pair of shoes? Especially if it's for such a good cause?
- They also have a men's line for your better half.