This nutritious recipe is ideal for those cold, rainy nights when you want something easy and simple, with few basic ingredients, so you can curl up with a good book without having to worry about dinner. My version serves one for a main course but you can obviously adapt it to serve more. Enjoy :)
-1 tsp of olive oil
-2 large carrots, roughly chopped
-a small bunch of coriander,
-a small onion, roughly chopped
-a stalk of celery, roughly chopped (optional)
-cream/yoghurt/blue cheese to serve (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan with a lid and throw in the carrots and the onion. Stir until onions are transclucent and carrots are somewhat softened. Add the celery if you are using.
2. Chop the coriander stalks (keeping the leaves) and throw them in the pan with the carrots and the onions. Season well.
3. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a slow simmer. Cover with the lid and let simmer until carrots are fairly soft.
4. With a hand blender - if you don't have one just use a food processor - blend the soup as smooth or as chunky as you like.
5. Chop the coriander leaves and stir them in the soup.
6. Serve with a dollop of cream to make it more creamy, with yoghurt for a nice contrast between the warm soup and the cold yoghurt, or with some crumbled blue cheese for an extra kick.
I served mine with a bit of crumbled Stilton:
If you try this at home, do let me know how it turns out :)