Friday 5 July 2013

Silver Pot - Nicosia

I generally avoid going to the centre of Nicosia around noon. I can't take the noise, I can't take the traffic and I certainly can't take the heat. But when I do have to go, I make sure I do it right.



I have lunch at Silver Pot.



Silver Pot is small in size but big on flavour; a small, cosy place in one the busiest streets in Nicosia, and a favourite with the people working around there as well as with people who crave fresh, homemade food with a twist.









Remember the moutzentra lentils dish your grandmother makes (mine doesn't, but for completely different reasons)?
How about that topped with some caramelized onions, homemade croutons and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses? I'm sure your grandmother would be a convert.


Or how about a seemingly ordinary salad? Only with melt-in-your-mouth pork fillet, fresh plums, sweet corn and a plum and sage vinaigrette drizzled all over?


I love their food, can't you tell?


And of course there's always room for dessert, so we not dig into a summer peaches and cream tart?


Needless to say there were only crumbs left after a few minutes.

Their menu changes everyday, so you don't get bored, and you can check it daily on their Facebook page (apart from being great cooks they are also exceptional food photographers, so check out those pics!).

If your mouth waters with these photographs, you can find them on 3E Themistokli Dervi, Nicosia, or you can call them on 22101722.

Silver Pot is not a very well kept secret, so reservations are practically mandatory. Also, if you're as organized as I am, you could check out their menu on their Facebook page and let them know what you want to have so they keep you a portion.

Yes, it's that busy because it's that good.

PS: They also serve brunch on Saturdays, but they are having a break over the summer (aka beach season). They'll be serving their last one for this season tomorrow, so if you're interested, book early.
Or wait till September, your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...